We all know Marc Jacobs knows how to throw a shindig; his NYFW after-party is legendary and he released a range of fragrance that smell like cocktails for Pete's sake! We also all know that today is officially the first day of the weekend. So as two plus two clearly equals five in this case, why not get into the end-of-week spirit with one of these summery, and Marc Jacobs-fragrance inspired beverages.
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 orange, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups dry gin – Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater or Tangueray suggested
- 1 cup chilled Ginger Ale
- 4 mint springs
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; pour off all but one cup of syrup, reserving any extra for another use.
- Heat the syrup to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Add the cranberries and simmer for 2-3 minutes until they just begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool in syrup.
- Place 2 Tablespoons drained cranberries and 6 Tablespoons cranberry syrup in a large pitcher; add the lemon wedges and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, vigorously mash the fruit.
- Stir in gin and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into a medium pitcher.
- Fill 4 glasses with crushed ice and 1/4 cup ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour half the cranberry mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Mound additional ice on top of each glass and garnish with 3 candied cranberries and a mint sprig.
Recipe and image courtesy of creative-culinary.com
The New Moscow Mule
Like the original but with a yummo apple twist!
- 2 ounces Apple vodka
- 4-6 ounces ginger beer
- 1/2 of a lime
- Juice the lime and combine with vodka over ice.
- Pour in ginger beer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image courtesy of roamandhome.com
Curacao - Pear Daiquiri
Cute, colourful and very easy to drink.
- 40 ml white rum
- 20 ml curacao liqueur
- 30 ml lemon-lime mix
- 40 g fresh pear
- Crushed ice
- Serve in a cocktail glass with slice of fruit for garnish.
Image and recipe courtesy of 13cocktails.blogspot.com