Each month, we'll be teaming up with Miss Fox Melbourne in Little Collins St to bring you with the latest and greatest nail, hair and makeup trends in quick, easy, step-by-step tutorials that you can try in the comfort of your own boudoirs
And now...drumroll please... first up, Editor Kate was manified by the lovely Sarah who painted her claws the exact same print as her Top Shop green leopard print ballet flats (awesome, we know!). Kate was SMITTEN, and her talons couldn't have been happier.
Now it's your turn to give this look a go and show the mani world what you're made of!
Dotting tool (or a bobby pin)
1. Make small puddles of Top Shop Green Room varnish and Top Shop Gone Fishing' varnish onto an artist’s palette or a surface that you can dispose after (a piece of foil or cupboard works great!).
2 -3. Apply a base coat.
4. Paint on Top Shop Green Room varnish but leave one nail on each finger blank as you'll be using this for a statement nail (ring finger looks best).
5. Paint the statement nail with Top Shop Gone Fishin.
6-7. Once the varnish has dried, using the nail art pen, draw little slightly squiggly black brackets on each nail (you don't want them to look perfect, which is a bonus!).
8. Once the brackets have dried, dip your dotting tool into Top Shop Gone Fishing and fill the half brackets with this shade (leaving the two statement nails alone).
9. Repeat this step for the statement nail, but fill brackets with Top Shop Green Room instead.
10. Last but not least, add a quick drying top coat, and you're DONE! Snazzy, hey?
Mani designed and produced by Miss Fox Melbourne
By Kristina Ioannou