This year’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia has officially kicked off and we’ve been all eyes on the recent Toni Maticevski’s SS12 couture collection presentation which showcased clean lines and cascading cobwebs, pertaining to the theme of a white wonderland. A noteworthy feature of the show was the double-pony hair-do’s sported by the bevy of models strutting about in the decadent, floor-sweeping gowns.
The look involved some of the lengths of hair being sectioned off from just below the back of the ear to create two ponytail-like sections that flowed over each other, with an ultra-long length at the front of the face acting as a contrasting feature.
“The collection is about absolute development and techniques where exuberance and restraint come and meet in a pure palette.” – Toni Maticevski.
Want this whimsical look too (it’s super easy!)? Here’s how to get the style as created by ghd Ambassador Jayne Wild.
HOW TO RECREATE THE DOUBLE-PONY
1. Prep the hair with heat spray and blow dry to create volume.
2. Section the hair as desired using a tail comb, then staighten each section.
3. Create a ponytail by sectioning off the front of the hair and pulling it back, leaving the sides loose. Then using a small section from underneath, wrap the hair around the ponytail to hide the elastic.
4. Finish with ghd Final Fix Hairspray and ghd Final Shine Spray for a healthy glossy finish.
1. ghd Final Fix Hairspray, $18, ry.com.au, 2. ghd Final Shine Spray, $18, ry.com.au
Images courtesy of ghd Australia