Peplum is definitely in our top five of 2012 trends (there are so many good ones this year!), and unlike all the colour and print based  fads this is one that you can apply to your wardrobe fairly sublty (or not, if subtle is not your thing). A fantastic option for anyone wanting to draw attention to/ or pretend that they have a really teeny waist. We're pretty sure you all going to look pretty hot in peplum!

SHOP IT

Gold-plate choker necklace, $39, beginningboutique.com.au , Peplum top, $49.50, beginningboutique.com.au,  Floral pants, £30, warehouse.co.uk , Lace covered mary janes, $30 (on sale), zushoe.com.au

Outfit image courtesy of eatsleepwear.com

Recent Posts
Showing 18 comments
  • monisme

Crazy about those pants! And Beginning Boutiques awesome prices… Definitely trawling their website when I need a shopping fix :-)

• DDGD - Kate

Such a good store, and they have new stock nearly every day! x

• monisme

Oh no – don’t tell me that! I have found a second procrastination tool :-p

• jazamino

I love the look of the peplum top, I tried one on yesterday but unfortunately I found it drew attention to the widest part of my body (hips) and doesn’t really suit. Devastated! :(

• DDGD - Kate

Jaz I am the same, although some are still ok, I think the subtler ones actually work in our favour (they are just harder to find!) x

• jazamino

Oh right – I’ll keep looking! (Glad to hear I’m not the only one) :)

• DDGD - Kate

And it’s another one of those things, like wearing bright red lips, if you’re not used to it, it just looks weird. Maybe drag along a second opinion :)

• MidnightBlueRose

I’ve seen a few ladies in the city wearing such unique patterned pants. They look very funky!!

• Jacquelinee

I have trouble pulling off the peplum! No fair, since I love this trend, glad it came back.

• Tess

I don’t believe I’ve tried on anything that’s true peplum style and I’m keen to try the style on for size, so to speak! Meanwhile, I’m loving these floral peg leg trousers… but… does anyone know if warehouse.co.uk ships to Aus? I’ve checked out their site & it looks like Europe only :(

• o0flawless0o

Ooo looks like I’ll be sporting peplum to work ASAP :)

• mz_kara

Peplum seriously are the best thing to bring your waist in!!! Makes you look so slim!! love them! <3

• Zerotolove

LOVE this look! x

• Sam j Cook.

Has anyone else found any floral pants by other brands? x

• Cindy

Those pants are to die for, and the combination with that gold necklace is beautiful. Honestly, I think the reverse combination would be great too–black pants with the floral top