In Love With… Australis Curve Ink Eyeliner

In Love With... Australis Curve Ink Eyeliner | how tos feature eye makeup and trends eye candy beauty tips beauty 2 beauty news beauty 2  pictures

While everyone was busy ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the Oscars red carpet yesterday (and all those grizzly beards!), I was busy obsessing over what I think may just be the beauty world's latest, greatest and all round best ever innovation when it comes to eye makeup. The gizmo I'm singing praise over is none other than Australis Cosmetics Curve Ink Eyeliner, the most brilliant little beauty contraption ever.

I gotta' say though, the shape is bizarre. You know those whiteout pens we all used to own throughout high school (and secretly through uni)? Yup, that's exactly what this bad boy looks like, only a tad bit chicer, sleeker and much easier to grip. The felt tip is super pointy, meaning drawing a steady and even line was easier than ever, sans any kind of smudging, feathering or bleeding of the ink. It was almost as if the moment the formula touched my skin, it set immediately and didn't leave behind that inky residue that other liners tend to. Another highlight was the mere fact that I could maneuver the pen inside the inner corners of my eyes to draw a thin, gorgeously tapered line without any spillages into the actual eye socket. Winning. Mind you, one swoop was all I needed across the lid with a teensy bit of filling in at the flick and hey presto; intense colour payoff alert!

As for smudges, I did notice some wear and tear by the end of the day at the very outer corners of my blinkers, but this was mainly due to the fact that I'd been rubbing my eyes distractedly for a good several minutes forgetting that my peepers were still decked out in their artwork. No hard feelings, curve pen.

Now for many girls, even the most beauty savvy of the bunch, liquid eyeliner can be a hard nut to crack, am I right ladies? But I implore you, I beg you to go and nab yourself one of these miracle workers so you can define your eyes to absolute winged purr-fection whenever you please. Go. NOW!

You know what they say about black and white pictures... actually... I don't really know what they say?

PRO TIP:To get a super even line, draw on a pencil liner to the roots of the lashes. This will act as a stencil you can easily trace over with liquid liner - works for me everytime!

SHOP IT

Australis Curve Ink Eyeliner, $14.95, australiscosmetics.com.au

What do you think? Would you try this? Tell us in the comments below!

• Andy7819 says:

I am so messy with liquid liner, this sounds good!

• Peta says:

I have seen a few other reviews of this prod, and they all agree that it is very easy to use. Think I will be getting myself one of these. I have been in love with the Maybelline Precision Line eyeliner, but this sounds even easier to use (plus my Maybelline one just ran out).

• meedee says:

This looks so wonderfully easy to hold and use…excellent

• I usually get one good eye and the other is a disaster! I’ll def give this one a go!

• allybee says:

I’m usually alright with liquid liner, but it takes me a good 15 minutes! I’m going to give this one a try

• vavoom says:

clever eyes

• smorgiie says:

Very excited to try this!! I am normally pretty good with liquid eyeliner but it takes me a while to get it perfect, so this might just be what I need!

I SUCK at eye-liner, I usually just line my waterline with a pencil because I can’t get an even line at my lash line (either top or bottom) – and don’t get me started on liquid liners!! Thus it is simply a must that I try out this new curved wonder-liner – thanks for the trial, I would have been scared to attempt it but when you say words like easy and fabulous in the same article, I’m there! :)

Oh, my previous post didn’t work :( That’s what I get for writing a small essay! Suffice to say I suck at eyeliner and I need to see if this awesome product works for me!

• meeeshelliee says:

Sounds funky. Never really had a good experience with liquid liners. ALWAYS a mess. =/

• brookemopolitan says:

This looks interesting… I’ve recently made the switch from liquid liner to gel (because gel is SO much easier to apply and it looks exactly the same as liquid and has the same staying power) but this looks like something i need to test out!

• alexandrajayne says:

I’ll definitely have to give this a try!

• kerker says:

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks now and I LOVE it!! So easy to apply eyeliner!

• thecatwhosawstars says:

Liquid eyeliner is so hard to apply – I need all the help I can get.

• Wittyusername says:

Loving the cat eye look, but can’t for the life of me manage it. One eye looks fab, the eye one will be a mess.