Warm Sippers: 9 teas with more benefits than just their soothing taste

Warm Sippers: 9 teas with more benefits than just their soothing taste | home sweet home lifestyle galleries feature recipes  pictures

All you tea lovin' lassies and non-believers gather around: whether you're trying to kick the coffee habit, or looking to reap a few extra health benefits, tea is the all-time soothing solution! These soul-nourishing bevvies are resplendent with a vast array of health kicks that extend to medicinal and healing purposes, with proven benefits to everything from the heart, to your bones, skin and even achieving a sound mind.

With less than a third the amount of caffeine than your typical cup of coffee, and packed full of antioxidants, you'd be nutso not to divulge in one of these warm sippers, regardless if it's black, yellow, green, white, fruit or a fancy herbal blend.

Browse through this gallery to get clued in on why you should be adding these detoxifying brews to your beverage menu. Your insides will thank you for it.

TOP TEA TIP: After boiling water, wait 5-10 minutes to let it cool before adding your loose leaves or buds. This will prevent the leaves from burning and prevent those antioxidant agents from being neutralised in the process.

Image courtesy of SistersSuitcaseBlog.com

What's your favourite type of tea? Let us know in the comments box below.

I love oolong! Not sure if having honey oolong would ruin the delicate flavour?

Never heard of yellow tea though! Got to try that! :)

• allybee says:

Barry’s tea is incredibly delicious but so hard to source. It’s an Irish breakfast tea that has spoilt me for all others.

• Dana says:

My favourite is French Earl Grey. I am unaware of its benefits but I certainly love its fragrance.

• Judes says:

I love Dilmah’s green tea with moroccan mint at the moment but I think I will have to give these teas a try – they sound yum.

• Monique says:

I love love love my lemongrass and ginger tea – good for upset tummies too. I need to try all of these ones too though!

• cherg says:

Lemon and ginger is my afternoon treat.

• MelanieD says:

Can’t wait to try some of these delicious-looking teas. I also find sage tea has a lot of health benefits

• laurenl says:

Daintree would make a great Australian gift for overseas friends.

• thecatwhosawstars says:

I love tea and am always happy to try out new ones – especially white, herbal and floral varieties.