Ladies, it's DIY time! If you're looking for something fun (and clever) to do this weekend, then give this nail polish magnet board a go.

The idea came to me after I raided our office beauty shelves and realised there were a mass of varnishes that never seemed to see the light of day but so deserved some kind of spotlight. Now there's no excuse not to utilise every single little bottle of lacquer. It's genius, I tells ya.

So if you're a polish-hoarding-maniac (just like me!), then follow this easy-as-pie tutorial to create your own magnet board and get the mani party started!

Will you be doing this? What do you think of our handiwork? Tell us in the comments below!

Recent Posts
Showing 22 comments
  • allybee

What a brilliant idea! I have so many polishes that my collection really is perfect for this. Love your colour coordination

• janelleb.xo

wow, love love love this idea!!

• Dana

What a great idea! Thanks for the DIY tutorial! :)

• Monique

Such a perfect idea, I am a nazi for having everything I own on display so this is perfect to know what colours you already have/have too many of/don’t have enough of

• GMeers

I know!! I love displaying everything, from scarves to handbags to lipsticks – I mean, we own them because they’re pretty, right?! 😀

• jacqui9988

This is such a good idea, I keep all my nail polishes in a container and it’s always such a hassel finding the shade I want, this way they’re all laid out before me!

• Tess

I’m considering doing this for a selection of my most-used cosmetics, why leave it to just nail polish hey?! Thanks for this inspo DDGD :)

• DDGD - Kristina Ioannou

I need one for all my lipsticks! Stat!

• meeeshelliee

This is such a good idea. I have too many bottles for my own good, and this would make life SO MUCH easier.

• bubbleybecci

I wish I had this many colours of nail polish ! I pretty much only own reds, blues and french manicure colours – will need to invest in some more so I can do this and create a rainbow !!

• GMeers

Hahaha so clever!! What a great idea!! Doubles as wall art and clears the clutter from the bathroom cabinet! :) i have a whole rainbow of colours, so this will help me work out which ones I never wear anymore and that should be thrown away :)

• Kimberley

I tried one with an OPI polish and it just slid right off.. does it matter on the weight of the polish? (I’m still determined to make it work!)

Kate McKibbin

They have to be good strong magnets, that’s the trick :)

• thecatwhosawstars

I wish I owned that many nail polishes!

• Ciiska

OMG I love this idea. :)

• neverendingdreams

this is such an awsum idea, looks great and very useful

• Jackie

Great idea! I live in earthquake country-California and when we had the last one which was a 5.1, some of my polishes tipped over on their shelves. Luckily only 2 broke, but now I have them all in boxes, not good. So definitely trying your idea out! Thanks!

• calico

im so doing this

• calico

although possibly with strips of board, so i can border my walls, or something

• Abby

This is just the most amazing idea!! I have at least 3 shoe boxes filled w nail polish bottles! I would have saved so many of them of dripping all over the place if I saw this before! :(

• Heather

Hi I tried this idea too, all of my nail polishes slid off too. However I purchased ‘extra strong magnets’ for it

Where did you both purchase the magnetic board from? As I think the cheap board may be the issue with mine

• Cindy schiro

The nail polishes won’t stay on the board… They slid down knocking each other off. We even put on extra magnet pieces. Help!! We were going to use this idea for my daughter for mother’s day. Her 3 girls are helping. It’s from her daughters to her.