Ever taken a glimpse of your sleep-deprived self in the mirror and screamed inwardly (or outwardly)? Those under eye circles and that sallow, dehydrated skin isn’t really the look you want to be sporting, especially when you want to impress all those cute morning commuter lads. Good news — gorgeously glowing, luminous skin is possible. Here’s how how to reveal a more brightened up you:
GET THE LOOK
1. If your complexion is looking a little lacklustre, it’s likely you need to exfoliate sluggish dead skin cells with natural, gentle ingredients. Try Origins Never A Dull Moment skin-brightening polisher which contains fruit extracts to help reveal a healthy glow,
2. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. A hydrated base is utterly essential for perfect skin nirvana. Try a cream infused with skin renewing ingredients like oxygen, antioxidants, and sun protection such as Eve Lom SPF 15+ Moisturiser.
3. A shimmering lotion – like Mac Strobe Cream – illuminates your skin without the need for foundation. Apply all over.
4. A highlighter acts to accentuate all your best bits to give you that radiant finish. Apply the highlighter on the high points of your face (brow bone, cheekbones, nose and cupid’s bow) to further amp up your glow factor.
5. Finish with a creme flush on your cheeks for instant cherub status. Smile and apply the blush to the apples, blending it backwards towards the hairline. If you feel you have applied too much colour, use a clean makeup sponge to blot away the pigment until you get your desired hue.
SHOP THE GLOW
1. Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush, $38, fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au, 2. Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin-brightening Polish, $39, kitcosmetics.com.au, 3. Eve Lom SPF 15+ Moisturiser, $90, meccacosmetica.com.au, 4. Mac Strobe Cream, $55, maccosmetics.com.au, 5. ModelCo Luminosity Shimmer Stick, $32, modelco.com.au
Image courtesy of Beautylish