Firery red vixen hair, sculpted cheekbones, creamy nude lips, sooty brown lids, beautifully curled lashes and utterly velvet-like, translucent skin could mean one thing – it’s LMFF runway makeup how-to time! And this time we’ve got a few clever tips from the beauty guru Rae Morris to guide us through. Follow these steps to get a model-worthy mug perfect for the Autumn makeup trends (and if you already have the crimson locks to match, kudos to you!).
GET THE LOOK
1. After cleansing and toning, use an illuminating primer (like L’Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer) and moisturiser to prepare your radiant base.
2. Apply L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB cream to your skin using gentle stippling motions with your foundation brush and blending outwards towards the edges of your face.
3. Apply a concealer to any blemishes or dark circles.
4. For a velvety matte base and to reduce face shine, dust some L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB powder across your visage.
5. To contour your cheekbones, create a fish face and then dot on L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Blush above the line (at the top of your cheeks) using your fingers.
6. Layer some L’Oreal Paris Glam Bronze La Terra bronzer over the top of your rosy blush for a healthy glow.
7. To create your come-hither bronze stare, blend the light peachy-mushroom shade from the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow in E1 Timeless Beige palette across your entire eyelid using a medium sized brush. Then blend the darker brown shade into the socket crease, outwards onto the side of the eye and just below the eyebrows to create a smoky effect. Lightly dust the shadow below the lower lash line too. Using L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Kohl in 120 Immaculate Snow, line the lower lash line to make the eyes appear wider.
8. To make the peepers come alive, coat the inner corners of the eyes with a gold shadow like L’Oreal Paris Color Appeal Mono in 23 Golden Shimmer.
9. Apply L’Oreal Paris False Lash Telescopic Mascara in Magnetic Black to your lashes by placing the brush at the bases, ensuring the bristles are in between the hairs, and wiggling the brush from side-to-side as you pull it out towards the tips. Repeat 3 or 4 times to coat every single hair.
10. Fill in any sparse areas on your brows with L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Sourcil brow pencil in the exact same colour as your arches.
11. Prep the lips with a hydrating lip balm before lipstick application (wait 10 minutes so the colour doesn’t slide). Next, apply your glossy nude lipstick (the model wears L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche in 303 Rose Tendre) with a brush for precise application and to salvage more of the product for future use.
12. If you want to take your beauty look that extra mile, you can get the model’s locks by dyeing your tresses with L’Oreal Paris Preference in P67 Intense Red.
Graphics by Larissa Thorne
Love this makeup look? Will you be trying it? Tell us in the comments below!