You'd think it was about time Megan Gale stopped being so damn amazing and gave the rest of us mere mortals a chance, but I guess that's just not in her (naturally gorgeous) nature. The L'Oreal Paris ambassador is back to show us how to nail those tricky runway trends we all wish we could recreate just in time for L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival. First on the chopping block is current trend du jour: cobalt (we told you this was going to be big!). It's the jolt of electricity your makeup routine needs and with a little help from L'Oreal you'll be chucking out your standard blacks in no time! Here's how to rock cobalt makeup and look as fabulous as Megan Gale.
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep your skin for your makeup application with a skin-perfecting and brightening primer.
2. Apply a light layer of liquid foundation using a foundation brush to give your skin a flawless glow. Take a dense, flat top brush and dipping it into the product then dot this onto your nose, the cheeks, around the borders of your face, and your chin and stipple the brush outwards and downwards towards your hairline and jawline until seamlessly blended into the skin.
3. Lighten any dark circles or blemishes with a highlighting concealer, dotting it under the eyes to brighten the whole eye area.
4. Use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any sparse areas and give your eyebrows a defined look. Use the comb on the end to brush the hairs into place if needed.
5. Using a deep blue eyeliner pencil, line the inner rims of the eye along the waterline. Run a small line along the top of the upper lashline to create further definition, and finish with a small flick for a subtle cat eye.
6. Using a beige eyeshadow, cover the entire lid up into the crease. Lightly smudge the line from the pencil into the eyeshadow along the lashline.
7. Give your lashes two quick coats of mascara, wiggling the brush back and forth on your lashes (in a zig zag motion) to get a crazy amount of volume.
9. If you feel that your cheeks need a little definition, lightly sweep bronzer along the apples of the cheeks towards your ears for a very subtle glow, but remember this look is all about those amazing eyes!
10. Feeling matchy matchy? A navy blue nail polish will set off your eye colour and bring the whole look together.
1. L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer, $29.95, priceline.com.au 2. L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation, $33.95, priceline.com.au 3. L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Concealer, $27.95, priceline.com.au 4. L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Sourcil in 303 Deep Brown, $22.95, priceline.com.au 5. L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Smokey in 207 Stormy Sea, $22.95, priceline.com.au 6. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow in 002 Hourglass Beige, $19.95, priceline.com.au 7. L'Oreal Paris Mega Volume Collagene in Black, $27.95, priceline.com.au 8. L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in 286 Burning Rose, $25.95, priceline.com.au 9. L'Oreal Paris Glam Bronze La Terra in Shade 02, $29.45, priceline.com.au 10. L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Vernis in 701 Midnight Mistress, $6.95, priceline.com.au (NOT PICTURED: L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Mini in 01 Clear, $22.95, priceline.com.au)
Image courtesy of L'Oreal Paris
Love Megan's look? Are you going to rock cobalt makeup? Tell us what you think below!