Lately, Miley Cyrus has been burning through grunge and punk styles in a decidedly post-Disney beauty evolution — no more Little Miss Innocent! The latest move? A big and bold blonde quiff (hello, Pink) and a set of fierce star gazers that could stun a crowd, a red carpet crowd respectively, which was where this little starlet strutted her gangsta' stuff at the recent MTV Movie Awards.
Ahead, learn how to recreate her devil-may-care look because let's face it, staying Hannah Montana for the rest of your life is just plain boring! And you never know, you just might score a lad like Liam Hemsworth too (one can only dream...)
GET THE LOOK
1. Prep the skin by cleansing and moisturising it to pure perfection, so as to create a smooth silky surface for when you apply your base.
2. Dab on dots of a long-wear foundation on your cheeks, chin, forehead and tip of the nose. Blend seamlessly into the skin using a stippling brush or makeup sponge.
3. Camouflage any dark under-eye circles with a brightening concealer. Pat, never rub, the concealer into skin.
4. Lightly apply a peachy bronzer on areas where the sun naturally hits (forehead, cheekbones and bridge of nose) to illuminate your features.
5. Line the entirety of your eye with a black liquid liner to create a sultry, feline effect. A trick is to apply a coat of black eyeliner to the upper waterline of your eyes. To do this, pull up your lashes just a bit, and run the black eyeliner on the top of the inner waterline. To give it more staying power, dip your eyeliner pencil in black waterproof gel eyeliner and line the waterline.
6. Fill in any sparse areas on your arches with a multi-purpose brow perfector. Fill in brows with the lighter shade, define with the darker, then use the wax to seal them in place.
7. Curl your lashes with a curling wand. To create a sexy kink, warm the metal wand beforehand with your hair dryer and wait until it cools slightly before pressing it onto your lashes. Then coat your lashes with several coats of a lengthening mascara. For the top lashes, look straight forward, take the wand and place it at the base of your lashes. Using a back-and-forth motion while moving the wand up your lashes and sweep upward, this will help give your lashes a curled effect. When it comes to the bottom lashes, tilt your head forward slightly to keep from getting mascara onto your cheek. Use the same side to side motions until you get a good coat of mascara on your lower lashes.
8. To recreate Miley's tresses, the Scunci Double Lift and Tease Comb is all you need to create endless amounts of added volume - as well as a little spritz of flexible hairspray of course. Whether you have short or long hair the added inner teeth of the Scunci Comb gently helps to lift the hair creating volume where needed. Simply take a section of hair, run the comb through the section working from the mid- length and teasing towards the roots. Spritz the teased roots of the hair lightly with a flexible hairspray and you will have all-over volume.
Be brave, be bold and werrrrk it sister!