Seeing as Robyn Lawley has spent a fair chunk of her life in front of the camera (she started modelling when she was fifteen!) it’s safe to say that she knows a thing or two about a thing or two about photographing well. So naturally we asked her many-a question ranging from ‘Robyn, how do I look good in my Facebook photo? What about in a swim suit? What about horse-back acrobatics?’ (Ha, just kidding, or am I? Must read on to find out *stage fades to black, strange mist rolls in*).
Even if we can’t pull off her beautifully alluring chin down, smouldering eyes look yet; with Robyn’s tips for photographing well, perhaps we stand a chance...maybe?
DDG: Being a model, it is your job to look amazing in photos. Can you please share some of your insider tips, or tricks you’ve picked up along the way to help the rest of us to take more flattering photos?
1) Know where the light is hitting your face, this can totally change the mood of the shot and not to mention, bad lighting angles could ruin a photo.
2) Get in front of the mirror and practice your faces and body movements – it feels a bit dorky but it really does help you learn which angles work for you and which do not!
3) Be okay with taking a bad photo - trust me it happens.
4) Be confident, you can’t be shy in front of the camera - it doesn’t work at all.
5) Mix it up, be inventive, doing the same poses over and over again is boring for everyone.
Using selfies to practice doesn't hurt either (selfies via RobynLawley1 on Instagram)