20 midi skirts perfecting for getting your twirl on (you know you want to)

20 midi skirts perfecting for getting your twirl on (you know you want to) | what to wear fashion daily how to wear galleries finds feature fashion daily dress to impress  pictures

You know that scene in Beauty and the Beast when Belle is singing about her provincial life in a field of dandelions with her gorgeous blue midi dress billowing in the wind? Ever since I’ve seen that scene, I’ve been a little obsessed with the idea of owning a midi skirt. They are the perfect blend of fun and sophisticated, lending itself to look '50s chic and indie-cool at the same time. Plus they are the perfect length to spin around while the hem flies up—without flying too far up (yes, this is the main reason I love these skirts, don’t deny you’ve ever re-enacted the Belle on a hill scene…just me?).

The trick is to find the perfect length for you, which means making sure that the hem doesn’t fall at the widest part of your calf, take advantage of the measurements on the website and compare them with a skirt/dress where the length is perfect. Can’t go wrong! Now we can all be Belle-esque (sans apron).

Image courtesy of ravingfashionista.com

Which of these midi skirts do you love most? Tell us below!

• Judes says:

Lovin the asos digital print midi skirt – such a cute print.

• Tess says:

That crocheted one from ShopBop is pretty amaze and I also dig the spotted Asos one. Unfortunately, it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever find a skirt that is the right length for this look on me, damn short-ass I am. Most of these look like they’d be to my ankles!!

• thecatwhosawstars says:

This is probably my favourite length of skirt. I really like the modcloth weave your mark yellow skirt.

• Dana says:

Love midi skirts! Too bad they accentuate my shortness. :(

• terri_berri says:

Same… but my short legs doesn’t do the midi length any justice. It will probably end up as a maxi skirt on me anyway.

• Peta says:

I love midi skirts! Being tall, they are so much easier to wear than maxi’s (which are never long enough) or mini’s (which show my bum). I would happily wear any of the ones in this gallery if someone wanted to fund my shopping trip ;-)

That’s always the issue with skirts – midi-length often lands at the widest part of my calf, mini skirts do not suit my curviness at all, it’s so hard to find something that sits nicely just above the knee!

• jessikins says:

I am liking the Crayon Forest Midi Skirt from Top Shop. But like Tess I am a shorty so unless I get it hemmed up midi skirts lands at an awkward part of my leg.

• Chessor says:

I love the cute pink one. I have a few midi skirts and they work well through all seasons.

• Beautynutter says:

I love all these skirts, they are seriously pretty and girly!