Michelle Wickes, of Michelle’s Style File, is the kind of gal who could be your BFF. Her blog posts are warm, clever and oh-so-witty, and her style is totally covet-worthy. She has the ability to fuse together affordable fashion with seasonal trends and she presents it all in a sparkly little blog more addictive than your morning latte. The latest addition to her weekly posts is none other than her gorgeous newborn, Ashley, who we’re totally clucky over. Congrats Michelle! Here’s what the trend-setter had to say about her beauty thrills and spills.
1. What are your top 5 can’t-live-without beauty products?
1) A zinc based sunscreen 2) Bronzer 3) Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks for my post-baby belly 4) Mascara 5) Paw Paw cream
2. What’s your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
A pony tail 99% of the time.
3. How do you keep your skin in shape?
Sunscreen is the key, moisturise and drink lots of water.
5. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
Sleeping on a satin pillowslip so you don’t wake up with pillow print on your face!
6. What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever been given?
I think I have to say wearing sunscreen. I get pigmentation on my forehead and upper lip so I really need the sunscreen to keep it in check.
7. How do you unwind on the weekends?
Getting out and about around Melbourne, catching up with my husband or girlfriends.
8. Describe a typical working day.
Cycle to work (yep, I was still cycling at 7 months pregnant), work through emails, meetings, and catch up with my staff. The blogging begins when I get home from my day job!
9. Favourite fragrance? What does it remind you of?
I’m currently loving ‘Indian Coconut Nectar’ by Pacifica. It smells like Summer.
10. Favourite beauty brand and why?
I never just stick to one brand – L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay, Garnier, Rimmel, MaxFactor all feature in my bathroom drawer.
11. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
Base of moisturiser and zinc sunscreen, then BB cream, powder on my shiny t-zone, bronzer, a flick of eyeliner and mascara.
12. If you could take only one beauty item with you on a deserted island, which would it be and why?
Paw paw cream, it’s the perfect all rounder.
For your weekly dose of style inspo (and to coo over the cutest newborn ever!), visit michellesstylefile.com