Sort It Out: Get your desk in tip top shape

Sort It Out: Get your desk in tip top shape | home sweet home lifestyle galleries feature  pictures

I've never been big on New Year resolutions since I'm a firm believer that any promises you make after a bottle of bubbly will be broken as fast and flamboyantly as possible, usually while wearing sunglasses and screaming "Give me all the chicken!" So this year I've decided to celebrate the most exciting date in the accounting calendar: the start of the New Financial Year.

Tax time is about more than counting your pennies and hoping you get a refund, it's actually a really good time to get your life in order (and to let the taxman pay for it). So this year I'm making a New Financial Year resolution to get the amazing desk of my dreams and I think you should all join me. The first step in having an organised life (according to Martha Stewart) is to make sure everything has its place, which means that the first step is actually buying places to put everything. If Martha insists...

And don't forget, most "home office" purchases are tax deductible*... even if they do have gold chevrons or cartoon puppies on them.

Image courtesy of Shoeboxed.com.au

*Not everyone can claim these items as a tax deduction, we are not accountants, so please do not say "But DDG said I could" if you ever get audited...

Are you going to be doing any last minute tax return focused shopping? Tell us in the comments below!

• Tess says:

Ummmmm, mouse-rug (!) get in my life now please thanks okay bye :) x

What a great idea!! Fun enough to warm up my Winter-frozen mood too :) Sadly as a stay-at-home-mum I can’t claim anything as a business expense per se, but I can gleefully convince hubby to liven up his workspace to my specifications! ;)

• Kristie Giblin says:

I want practically everything! Especially the mouse rug. Pity I can’t claim things I buy for my unit desk.

• Brides says:

That mouse rug is cool and well priced. Double tick for me.

• Dana says:

The fruity memo is so cute! There are some really cool items that I feel like getting!

• anneelizabeth says:

Is there any way I could possibly justify buying that airmail/catapult memo pad? No, not really, but I’m definitely going to try.