Try It Tonight: Bewitching red carpet beauty Mila Kunis beauty tutorial
Mila Kunis has been high on our list of girl crushes ever since her days as the always-stylish Jackie on That 70s Show, but it's starting to feel like our roster has become so jam-packed with amazing babes (we're looking at you Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone!) that we almost forgot how much of a powerhouse she is when there's a red carpet to be walked.
Don't mind us while we rub our hands together and cackle maniacally — that's a natural reaction to the thought of stealing that much beauty inspiration from this leading lady. Below, learn how to fool everyone into thinking you're Mila for the weekend *cue evil laugh*.
GET THE LOOK
1. Mila's skin always looks completely flawless and you can bet that starts with soft, hydrated skin. Apply a deeply nourishing primer to clean skin and then allow 2-3 minutes for it to fully sink in.
2. Apply a long-lasting liquid foundation (preferably using a foundation brush or blending sponge for an airbrushed look), starting at the centre of the face and blending outwards. You want to use a foundation that will allow you to look dewy without creeping into greasy territory.
3. A pop of sheer colour in a nude or coral shade will give you just the right amount of glow. Apply sparingly to the apples of the cheeks.
4. Take a black kohl pencil and line the entire upper waterline of your eye (Lean your head back, pull your eyelid up and line just below the lashes - but be careful not to poke yourself!) and the outer half of the lower waterline. Then, lightly line the upper and outer lash line (only the outer third of the eye) and smudge gently.
5. Using a plum-based smokey eyeshadow palette, start by covering the whole lid in taupe shadow. Next, take the plum shadow and blend it around the outer half of the eyelid, focusing on the crease and along the lash line. Use an angled brush to lightly run the plum shade underneath the lower lashes for added definition. Finish with a dab of the lightest shade on the inner corner of the eye (you can also use a shimmery silver shade if you have it, but don't go over the top with this).
6. Take a black mascara with a long-lasting, buildable formula and apply two quick coats to your lashes as you normally would. For the third coat, pull the wand out towards your ear and focus on the outer lashes for that 'winged' effect.
7. Subtly stain the lips with a natural-looking pink lipstick by applying two coats onto the lips and blotting off with a tissue after each coat.
8. A slick of lip gloss adds just the right amount of shine to your already perfectly pink pout.
9. For your hair, start by applying a multi-tasking hair serum to prep hair for heat styling, smooth flyaways and add shine. Then blow dry and part hair slightly on the right (or left depending on how your hair grows). Starting at the front, wrap 1 inch sections of hair around a curling wand, wrapping the hair towards the face, then release. Once the whole head is curled, gather the hair (minus a small section from the front of the non-parted side) at the back of the head — low and to the left — and tie in a messy bun with a hair tie. Use a few bobby pins to secure the bun, but feel free to allow a few tendrils to fall out - it just adds to the messy look!
1. Stila Hydrating Primer, $55, meccacosmetica.com.au 2. Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin, $24.95, priceline.com.au 3. Bloom Sheer Colour Cream, $24, bloomcosmetics.com.au 4. Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil, $40, adorebeauty.com.au 5. BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in The Happy Place, $52, fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au 6. Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara, $58, meccacosmetica.com.au 7. Guerlain KissKiss Lipstick in Rose Miami, $47, fragrancesandcosmetics.com.au 8. Prestige Cosmetics Mineral Lipgloss, $18.95, priceline.com.au 9. Unico Hair Serum, $23, adorebeauty.com.au
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.