90s fashion trends: A fond fashion flashback

90s fashion trends: A fond fashion flashback | sole mates pretty things jewellery galleries featured hp main feature fashion daily dress to impress bag ladies  pictures

90s fashion trends

Holy Smokes, the ’90s are back in a big way, which makes us more excited than Cher Horowitz at a designer sample sale!

Aside from the awesome RnB music and cult TV shows that the '90s brought (90210 and Saved by the Bell, anyone?), the decade also provided lots of rad fashion inspo which is now being revived in a range of wicked ways for Spring. Think grungy Docs paired with  floral mini dresses, plaid jumpers wrapped around the waist, tartan skirts, metallic washes, denim-everything, yin and yang signs, super round sunnies, crosses and peace sign jewellery, Clueless minis, platform shoes (or should I say 'flat-forms'), dungarees, tie-dye, crop tops and (the best part) jelly sandals! This ’90s throwback thing is out of control.

WANT MORE: Loving all these '90s fashion trends? Then you should definitely click here now!

Ahead, shop our best ’90s-inspired picks and head back in time to the era of the virgin who can't drive.

Images courtesy of Mink Pink

Which of these 90s fashion trends was your fave? Tell us in the comments below!

• Moonstone says:

Yey for the 90s!! I was born in 1987 so was just a kiddie in this era but I can look back now and love and appreciate the looks.
    Oh how trendy was the flano in the 90s….and still is according to my dad. I love the coloured specs!

NO FREAKIN’ WAY!!! I seriously just bought those exact pair of floral Docs last night!! Haha does that make me cool or sad?? ;) Maybe I should get a denim overall dress to wear with them? :D

• catn2kittens says:

I was born in 1972, so the 80s and early 90s were the best time of my life, Clueless is still one of my favourite movies and I love the fashion! I think I’m too old for most of it now but I still rock my Docs – I bought mine in 1988!

• cherg says:

I was bringing my kids up in the 90s so not much money left over for mum, but I did have a pair of Docs. Maybe its not to late to try them again.

• Elly says: