DDG's Blood Orange Cosmopolitan recipe
I grew up watching Sex & the City with my mum and sisters (and maybe not entirely understanding all the references but being enthralled nonetheless) so there's a special place in my heart for the classic Cosmopolitan cocktail. While I still enjoy watching the show — and acknowledging that some of the things they wear are terrible and definitely did not age well — I got over drinking cosmos after a couple of bad cranberry juice experiences in my youth. This twist on the classic cosmo gives it a slightly fizzy blood orange flavour that takes the tartness out of the cranberry juice and makes it super smooth going down.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Crystal Head Vodka
- Schweppes Agrum Collection Blood Orange
- Cranberry Juice
- Fresh Lime
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Start with lots of ice in a martini shaker.
- Add 45ml (1 shot) of Crystal Head Vodka and 15ml (1/3 shot) Cointreau.
- Carefully add 2-3 drops of Bitters (You really don't need much!).
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
- Pour in half a shot of cranberry juice and top with Agrum (approx 1 shot should do it).
- Now shake what your mama gave ya and mix it up real good.
- Strain into a martini glass and add a wedge of lime as garnish.