I am an absolute magpie when it comes to glitter — anything just a little bit sparkly catches my eye and I decide it must be mine immediately. I also quite enjoy a nice crafternoon every now and then, so this super sparkly DIY Decoupage Cake Stand from Sugar & Cloth reeled me in hook, line and sinker.
I'd like to say this would be perfect for a fancy birthday or baby shower, but who am I kidding? We all know that we're far more likely to make this set, then bake a cake and eat it all by ourselves. Who needs a party when your serving-ware is a party in itself? Not this guy.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Martha Stewart high gloss decoupage – c/0
- Martha Stewart fabric to fabric decoupage – c/0
- Martha Stewart fine gold glitter (one 4.5 ounce bottle is plenty!)
- Foam brush and foam pouncer
- Cake stand (mine is just plastic party-ware)
- Cloth napkins
- Plastic tableware
Head over to www.sugarandcloth.com for the full instructions, as well as a slew of other wondrous DIYs to get your heart racing.