After combining her fascination with the healing powers of crystals with her love of jewellery to release a beautiful, wearable line, Krystle Knight has never looked back. Today we chat to the young fashionista and entrepreneur about her beauty routine and what her enchanting life entails.
1. What inspired you to start your jewellery label?
I have always carried around a bunch of crystals in my handbag for as long as I can remember and I have always had a love and passion for collecting jewellery, so it just made sense to me, to create my own pieces.
2. Favourite item that you’ve ever designed?
3. What are your top 5 can’t-live-without beauty products? (please list brands/shades etc)
4. What’s your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
My hair is pretty low maintenance, which I love; a spray of Toni & Guy Sea Salt after I jump out of the shower and a quick blow dry and I’m ready for the day.
5. How do you keep your skin in shape?
Drinking plenty of water, swimming in the ocean as much as possible, and moisturise daily.
6. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
Salt water, Yoga and Summer.
7. What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever been given?
Drink plenty of water and moisturise.
8. How do you unwind on the weekends?
Yoga, reading and relaxing in the sun.
9. Describe a typical working day.
My days are always different, which I LOVE, as I also manage the National sales for Melbourne based label, May. I will be in Melbourne one week, Adelaide the next and then Brisbane. So I definitely spend a lot of time at airports and on planes! When I am back home in Sydney, I will generally get up early, update my social media for KKJ, get back to any emails I have received over night and pack online orders and then I get straight into work mode for May.
10. Favourite fragrance? What does it remind you of?
11. Favourite beauty brand and why?
Jurlique. I love the all natural products that they use and it feels amazing on your skin.
12. If you could wear one colour of polish for the rest of your life which would it be and why?
Neon pink or neon orange. It is perfect for summer; it is so fresh. In Winter I tend to wear a lot of black, so it also brightens up my outfits.
13. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
I used St Ives Apricot Face Scrub and moisturise morning and night; I try not to apply make up as much as possible, unless I have meetings for the day.
14. Who inspires you?
I am inspired daily by so many different things; from starting the day with yoga and the inspirational words from the teacher, looking fashion blogs and reading books; and of course my close friends and family inspire me everyday; they are all so successful in so many different ways, they have all taught me so much.
15. What do you love most about owning your own label?
With the brand still being so young, I am just really enjoying the whole journey. I am so appreciative of everything that has happened so far. The response has been amazing and overwhelming. I sometimes receive emails from customers that have received their KKJ pieces, just to let me know how happy it has made them. It really makes the crazy, busy, no sleep nights all worthwhile! I am loving every moment of it.
16. Celebrity crush?
Rhianna. l love her style, she is effortlessly cool!
17. If you could be any superhero who would it be and why?
I am all about efficiency! So I would like to be Elastic Girl from The Incredibles, I think I would get so many things done fast and efficient. I think it would help with my yoga as well.
Visit www.krystleknightjewellery.com.au to fulfill all of your wildest bling desires.