Wouldn’t it be amazing if our lives were as beautiful and inspiring as our Pinterest boards? Full of travel, friends, cake-pops, enriching careers, perfectly styled mini-mes and the biggest and most amazing collection of designer shoes you’ve ever seen. Yes, this dream life would be amazing, but it’s never going to happen right? Well, actually, there’s no reason it can’t (apart from perhaps the immaculately styled children part, because kids never look like that in real life, and maybe you’d prefer to have dogs, up to you).
Every single one of us has an “if only” life like this (although they’ll all be slightly different), but perhaps we’ve lost our way to getting there. We’re stuck in our 9-to-5, doing the same-old, same-old and now it’s time to get back on track.
So we asked our friend Kate James, one of Australia’s top life and business coaches, and the clever cookie behind life-changing eCourse Dream. Discover. Do (starts Feb 14, details are below!), for a few simple ways we can all start making our every day life that bit closer to our “some day” life, and they are not as hard as you would think!
“Love what you do and do what you love. Don’t listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it.” – Ray Bradbury
Maybe you can’t do exactly what you want to be doing with your life right now, but you should never give up on your dreams. Try these simple tips to keep your dreams alive and you’ll be amazed at the results.
1. Put aside one afternoon every week (or at the very least, one afternoon every couple of weeks) to do the things you really love. Just make sure you find time to indulge your passions!
2. Find a ‘dream chasing’ friend and meet every month to keep each other motivated.
3. Keep a notebook with you every day to capture inspiring ideas about your dreams.
4. Scare yourself a little bit every day. Being courageous builds courage – do small things that take you out of your comfort zone so you’re ready to step up and take on a big, exciting challenge if it comes your way.
5. Make a dream catcher box. Cover a shoe box with images that totally inspire you and keep it somewhere you’ll see it every day. Keep adding photos, quotes and mementos that remind of the dream life you want to be living!
Join Kate for the Dream. Discover. Do. eCourse, commencing 14 February 2014 to start bringing your dreams to life.
Discover your unique strengths, reconnect with your passions and believe in yourself enough to pursue the things you love.
Dream. Discover. Do. is an eight-week eCourse created by life coach and mindfulness teacher, Kate James, to help you begin to make positive change in your life.
• reconnect with your dreams.
• discover your unique values and strengths.
• overcome limiting beliefs and behaviours.
• start doing the things you love so that you are living your version of a creative, authentic and meaningful life.
Main image courtesy of Anna W @ lookbook.nu
Are you feeling off track right now? Are you going to be trying any of Kate’s tips? Tell us about it in the comments below!