Today in the pink virtual hot seat is none other than Melbourne-based beauty blogger Melissa O'Brien from Mel's Makeup Emporium. Read on to find out which grooming products float her boat and what her weekly world of blogging involves.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I started watching Youtube Videos and thought to myself, 'Hey, I think I can do this!'. Beauty and makeup is my passion. Then, about a year after doing videos, I just got into blogging.
2. What are your top 5 can’t-live-without beauty products?
3. What’s your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
I have my hair up in just a basic pony tail during the week. Then I love to rock some big curls.
4. How do you keep your skin in shape?
Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily.
5. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
I use the metal/plastic comb from an eyelash wand to separate my lashes just after I apply mascara.
7. What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever been given?
The normal typical advice, and that’s to take your makeup off every night. Even if you don’t want to do it.
8. How do you unwind on the weekends?
My weekend is Sunday and Monday. So on Sundays I love to just chill with Hubby and walk our pom, Dusty. Then Mondays is filming and blogging day.
9. Describe a typical working day.
I will get up and have breakfast, then do my hair and makeup. Depends on the day. I will film a few videos and edit or take photos of products and anything that will be going on my blog in the upcoming week.
10. Favourite fragrance?
Prada Candy. To me it smells like a field of candy!
11. Favourite beauty brand?
Laura Mercier. Her products never disappoint me or let me down.
12. If you could wear one colour of polish for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
Pink. Everyone knows that Mel loves pink anything. Pink nails, pink lips and pink cheeks.
13. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
A typical day would be: Laura Mercier primer and foundation, Urban Decay naked palette for a nice natural eye, MAC snob lippy, MAC pink swoon plush, Lancome hypnose mascara.
14. Who inspires you?
My hubby. He supports me in everything I do.
15. What do you love most about being a blogger?
Talking and meeting such wonderful people who love what I love — beauty!
16. Favourite celebrity hunk?
Hands down Chris Hemsworth.
17. If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?
I would have to say Wonder Woman. She is one awesome superhero!