Meet Rachel Wernicke, blogger over at Redcliffe Style, which is filled to the brim with handy tips and tricks about finding style in the suburbs (namely Redcliffe, Queensland) as well as plenty of beauty and lifestyle posts, as well as a few blogging and social media pointers thrown in for good measure. Today the lovely Rachel tells us which beauty brands and products she's harbouring a serious love affair for and what exactly her flawless makeup routine involves.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I wanted to know more about social media, the internet and how it all worked together. I didn’t know anything about blogging, or even read blogs at that point.
2. What are your top 5 can’t-live-without beauty products?
- Chanel Mat Lumiere in Cendre (the best foundation ever!)
3. What’s your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
My favourite hairstyle is a messy, choppy bob, but I’m usually too rushed and end up wearing a messy updo for most of the week.
4. How do you keep your skin in shape?
I drinks loads of water, cleanse well, always use moisturiser and eye cream and never forget sunscreen. I love Image Skincare tinted sunscreen.
5. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
Sleep. There is nothing better for your appearance than a great sleep. Make it even better by using a silk pillowcase. This is so gentle on your skin and hair.
6. What are your tips for taking a great Instagram photo?
Know your best angles. Our faces are usually different on each side. Raise the camera a little and look up. This will eliminate any sneaky double chins. And look at the camera lens, not your image.
7. What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever been given?
8. How do you unwind on the weekends?
We try to come up with some cool adventure to take the girls (8yo & 10yo) on. We love indoor rock climbing, hiking, bike rides, all centred around something yummy to eat.
9. Describe a typical working day.
I work from home. So I make a list of what needs to be done, what I want to do and what should be done at some time and start working through them.
10. Favourite fragrance?
Florabotanica by Balenciaga. It’s perfection! It reminds me of fun summer nights, crisp white wine and really laughing with friends.
11. Favourite beauty brand and why?
I have so many, but I’m going with Chanel at this moment. I love the glamour. I love how I feel when I’m using it and I love how it feels on.
12. If you could wear one colour of polish for the rest of your life which would it be?
OPI My Vampire is Buff. Because I love the name, but it doesn’t hurt that it’s a great colour too.
13. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
I use the Image Skincare range. This is amazing. If I’m at home, then I don’t wear makeup and let my skin breathe. If I leave the home, then it’s either Chanel foundation or Image tinted moisturiser with Benefit Stay Don’t Stray on the eyelids and over the bags under my eyes. Maybelline Liquid eyeliner across the top lash line, Face of Australia powder all over, Youngblood eyebrow kit to fill in my brows, MAC dainty blush to add some life, and a few coats of Benefit They’re Real mascara.
14. Who inspires you?
Friends, family and other bloggers. I love seeing really cool, everyday people.
15. What do you love most about being a blogger?
The community. I love all the amazing people I have met that have become real friends.
16. Favourite celebrity hunk?
Derr, Daryl Dixon. I know his real name is Norman Reedus, but I prefer him as Darryl.
17. If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?
Rouge. Because she has a great name and she can take anyone’s power, absorb them and erase memories.