It's time to whip up the tastiest homemade lip balm around!
There's nothing I despise more than sandpaper-crackly lips aka lizard lips. Aside from looking awful, they make whacking on lipstick and smooching slightly depressing thanks to protruding, dry flaky bits.
But something that's really been smoothing out my pout these days is none other than coconut oil and a touch of honey. These have been my absolute saviours during serious lip emergencies, and I've recently added in the addition of brown sugar for a bit of exfoliating magic.
Better than the store bought stuff that's loaded with petroleum, this magic mixture contains serious hydrating and nourishing properties that won't damage or dry out your kissers.
Today I'm sharing with y'all the little homegrown recipe that'll keep your pout fresh and kissable, especially as we head into the cooler months. Beware, though; it's so sweet and tasty, you'll want to gulp down the entire tub in one hit!
- 1 part coconut oil (I used Coconut Revolution 100% Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 part honey (I used J.Friends and Co New Zealand Artisan Honey Kamahi Honey)
- 1 part raw sugar (any ol' packet will do!)
- Mixing spoon
- Empty lip balm container
1. Combine your coconut oil, honey and sugar and blend together with a spoon until the mixture is gooey and soft. I like to mix my ingredients in a small tea cup.
2. Dole out the mixture into a small lip balm tub.
3. Store in a fridge or cool area to set, although you can use it right away! I like to throw mine back in the fridge overnight, but this is an optional step.
4. Apply to the lips, gently rubbing in circular motions until blended. You'll initially notice a greasy sheen, but the formula should sink right in eventually.
5. Lick your smackers in appreciation!
Told ya', too easy.