1. What are your top 5 can't-live-without beauty products?
4. Goe Oil: it's 100% natural and you can use it as anything. It's also great in hair.
2. Tell us a bit about your career and how you got started in the fashion industry.
After travelling and living overseas I came back to Sydney and knew I wanted to get into the fashion side of magazines. I got an internship with Cosmo Australia and then two days later they offered me a job. For the next 10 years I worked for some of the biggest mags in women’s fashion and worked my way up to being the fashion director across SHOP til you drop and Cleo. At the end of last year I left mags and am now freelance, which I love! I love that every day is different and you don't know what is around the corner!
3. What's your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
Fresh out of the shower, dried el natural, not brushed and worn down. I never use conditioner and love the messy unkempt hair vibe.
4. How do you keep your skin in shape?
Loads of water, a little bit of vitamin D each day and a good moisturiser — I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.
5. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
Less is more! Don't over do it.
6. What's the best beauty advice you've ever been given?
From my mum, she always said I should blast my face in the sun for at least 10 minutes every day — it's good for your skin and will give you a delicious healthy glow.
7. How do you unwind on the weekends?
Having lazy mornings at home, spending the afternoon in sun and then dinner and drinks with my fiancé. Our favourite thing to do is play cards, drink beers and then eat a delicious meal. The Appollo is my favourite!
8. Describe a typical working day.
Every day is so different, but it normally starts with a meeting with a client, then running around to PRs sourcing clothes, castings with models, location scouting, mood boarding and then finally the fun part — styling and waking early the next morning for a full shoot day.
9. Favourite fragrance?
Diptyque (Philosykos) Fig — reminds me of when I first met my fiancé.
10. Favourite beauty and fashion brand and why?
Fashion – Isabel Marant. She makes clothes that girls just want to wear all the time. She is that perfect mix of sexy, bohemia tomboy. Beauty – I love NARS. It's always light to apply and it’s the only brand I buy when I am stocking up.
11. If you could wear one colour of polish for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
Pale pink on my fingers and then a bright red on my toes. Classic always.
12. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
It's pretty straight forward. I apply a little bit of tinted moisturiser and then mascara, a little bit of bronzer blush on my cheekbones and on the top of my eyelids and then a little bit of balm on the lip and I am out the door. I don't wear makeup every day but when I do it’s always super minimal.
13. Who inspires you?
For style Jane Birkin and Sofia Coppola, I love the laid backness of the both. Bruce Weber an American photographer. He captures the most magic moments and they are always spirited and free. I always aspire to get what he gets out of his pictures whenever I am working.
14. What’s the best thing about your job?
Working with amazing people who are creative and inspire me. That every day is different. The travelling and playing dress ups all the time!
15. Favourite celebrity hunk?
Leonardo DiCaprio always and forever!!
16. If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?
Batman!! Cool outfit!!
Head to www.jesse-hart.com to view more of Jesse's amazing fash-un work!