1. Can you chat a bit about your career as a nail artist?
I started as a total hobbyist, I doubted myself for a long time that it could become anything too serious, but I threw my whole self into it and am so proud of where it has gotten to. We are just about to open our first street fronted salon!
2. What are your top 5 can't-live-without beauty products?
- Chi Chi Matte Lipstick in 'Bling It On' (the colour is amazzzing and lasts so long!)
3. What's your favourite hairstyle to rock during the week?
I usually just rock a messy bob, it looks good and is super low maintenance.
4. How do you keep your skin in shape?
My face does not like too much going on, I usually just wash my face with water and then apply a moisturiser, and drink lots of water. Once a week I use Clinique Exfoliating Face Scrub.
5. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
Lip liner is a true god!
6. What's the best beauty advice you've ever been given?
Less is more. I am a big fan of blusher, and I've been taught to not go too overboard.
7. How do you unwind on the weekends?
I like to get out of the city for a night or two away with friends, sometimes we camp or rent a house in the middle of the country to relax. But if I'm in the city, I love a good brunch and some Game of Thrones!
8. Describe a typical working day.
Lots of nail painting, lots of emails, lots of social media, phone calls, admin. DIY — it's a one stop shop around here.
9. Favourite fragrance? What does it remind you of?
I really loved Jil by Jil Sander. It is hard to get ahold of these days, but it reminds me of Summer and fun times!
10. Favourite beauty brand and why?
I think Illamasqua is really great. They always have really great bold coloured lips and nails.
11. If you could wear one colour of polish for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
A little bit of self promo here but Trophy Wife x Kester Black 'Gold Digger'. I've always hated glitter polishes that are sparse with glitter; this one pretty much fills you nail with glitter after just one coat!
12. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
Wash with water or exfoliate, then moisturise. I use a primer by Too Faced, a little cover up to hide the sleep bags under my eyes, and sometimes I use a Bobbi Brown Mineral Powder Foundation, or nothing, followed with some pink blush, a volumising mascara and either a black cat's eye or bright lip.
13. Who inspires you?
My parents are the best, they both have their own businesses and work SO hard and expect so little in return. To me they are the ultimate success.
14. What's the best thing about your job?
Getting to try new colours every day and meeting so many new people!
15. Favourite celebrity hunk?
Hmmmm, I feel a bit cliche saying this but who doesn't love Ryan Gosling?!
16. If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?
Wonderwoman, what a babe!