Eat this: Spinach, pesto and zucchini pasta recipe from One Hungry Mami
If somebody told me that I absolutely couldn’t eat pasta ever again I’d be devastated. I mean I probably only eat it once a week at the moment, but that is already me exercising an awful lot of restraint. It’s just such an easy dinner option for those nights when I can’t be bothered cooking anything too strenuous. This delicious pasta recipe from One Hungry Mami is the perfect Summertime lazy-night remedy.
WANT MORE? If you liked this spinach, pesto and zucchini pasta, then check out more food stuff here.
This spinach, pesto and zucchini pasta recipe is full of greens for a good dose of nutrition, but also feels incredibly fresh — especially when served with a simple Summer salad with a tangy lemon dressing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Enough pasta for 4 people (approx. just over half a regular pack)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 quantity of spinach pesto (as above)
- 3/4 cup of plant milk (I used unsweetened almond)
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Cook pasta al dente, rinse in a colander with warm water and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, lightly sauté zucchini and brown onion with a little bit of water.
- Add the pesto and stir to warm through. It will be thick, so add your milk a little at a time to maintain a thick and creamy sauce. You may not need to add all of it.
- When the zucchini is soft and your sauce is as creamy and thick or thin as you like it, add the cooked pasta and toss to cover each and every single pasta piece.
- Taste and season as desired.
- Serve immediately with a fresh crisp salad simply dressed in lemon juice. This will go well with the rich tasting pasta. You could also add some more nutritional yeast on top or sprinkle on some hemp seeds.
Head over to onehungrymami.com for more delicious plant-based recipes and healthy living ideas.