Eat this: Blood Orange Salad with Grapefruit Dressing from Sadhana
Guys, I'm not sure if I've ever shared this little tidbit with you, but I hate salads. I'm not necessarily saying that I hate all salads (potato salads are one of my personal favourites but I've been told that doesn't count) just that at least 80% of the time I find them completely unappetising. To take a salad from being a necessary evil to something that I actually want to eat for lunch every day I need there to be something super flavourful, it needs to be filling and the rocket needs to be kept to a minimum (I can deal with rocket in sandwiches or burgers but not when it is the star of a meal!).
WANT MORE? If you liked this Blood Orange Salad with Grapefruit Dressing, then check out more recipes here.
This Blood Orange Salad with Grapefruit Dressing from Maz Valcorza, the owner of Sadhana Kitchen in Sydney (which you should totally check out if you love organic, plant-based raw food!), is basically primed to be my go-to salad this Summer. It is sweet and zingy and full of moisture, which makes it perfect for those boiling hot days, but you'll also get nice and full from the seeds.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• 5 cups shredded cabbage (tightly packed)
• 2 blood oranges, peeled, segmented and seeded
• 2 large cucumbers, sliced
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 grapefruit, juiced
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp cumin
• himalayan pink salt to taste
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Place all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a jar, shake up all of the ingredients for the grapefruit dressing, along with a generous helping of love.
- Pour over salad and toss until well coated.
Head over to sadhanakitchen.com for more information about their cafe and their awesome lunch deliveries!