Specialising in detoxification, stress management and weight loss, Savannah Daisley lives a life centred around optimum health and natural beauty. After a long gig in the wellness industry, she has now released a naturopathic detox program called 14 Day Smart Cleanse, with the vision of helping people around the world embrace the power of health and vitality. Today she chats to us about how she maintains a healthy glow while juggling a newborn and a business all-in-one.
1. What are your top 5 can't-live-without beauty products?
- Eve Lom Cleanser – it’s all natural and absolutely amazing!
- Smart Cleanse Bentonite Drinking Clay – so rich in silica and other minerals for strong hair, skin and nails.
- Smart Cleanse Gut Lining Formula – contains powerful super greens formula which alkalises your blood pH, contains probiotics, repairs gut lining integrity which altogether maximises your beauty and vitality.
2. Tell us a bit about your career so far and how you got there?
I began my career twenty years ago as a Myotherapist and then completed a Bachelor of Health Science and Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy just after that. I went on to become the resident naturopath at The Golden Door Elysia Health Retreat in the Hunter Valley, lectured there on detoxification, and worked in the Day Spa as their Myotherapist (and Spa/Beauty Therapist also). After starting a day spa/clinic in Double Bay, The Wellness Factory, and hand making too many detox kits, I became passionate about getting my product TGA approved, and manufactured the detox program for the marketplace. It's been an exciting journey and I'm very excited about the future.
3. Which beauty secret do you swear by?
My number one beauty secret for glowing skin and radiance is of course detoxification because it’s without a doubt the best anti-ageing treatment available, keeps every cell in your body in its highest vibration, keeps your blood pH alkaline (making you more beautiful as it maximises vitality) and of course ensures hydration (for glowing skin).
4. Describe a typical working day.
Wake up with my four-month-old son early, meditate, go to the gym or for a power walk, consult Smart Cleanse enquiries, answer emails, write a blog article, check social media activity and respond, make phone calls, restock distribution channels, cook, clean and more domestic duties, baby to bed, talk to friends and family, research and reading at night (laughs). Not enough hours in the day sometimes!
5. Who is your beauty inspiration?
Cate Blanchett — Flawless, elegant and effortless.
6. If you could wear only one colour of polish for the rest of your life, which would it be?
The classic french manicure.
7. Walk us through your daily makeup application.
Eve Lom cleansing with her famous muslin cloth, toner, moisturiser with SPF 30+, Dr. Hauschka foundation, some brown eye shadow, mascara — unusually for a naturopath I must admit I don't mind a little makeup to help me look more youthful at my age.
8. Most embarrassing beauty blunder of all time?
Walking out of the bathroom in front of a table at a friend's wedding with a toilet tissue tail stuck to my high heel. Was quite funny!
9. If you could have one superpower, which would it be?
To have elf powers like Liv Tyler in The Lord of the Rings or in other words super healing powers so I could eliminate people’s suffering. Would be fun.