Bitter and salty tequila smash cocktail recipe: It's happy hour at DDG!
We're now heading into the murky waters of that illusive Facebook relationship status that can only be defined by, "It's complicated". This phrase is usually reserved for cheating scandals, long distance relationships and Ross Geller screaming, "We were on a break!" but can be bucked out for all manner of relationship issues. The one defining trait of all these complicated states? A need for some mind numbing courtesy of our friend tequila.
WANT MORE? If you liked our bitter and salty tequila smash cocktail recipe, then check out more drinks here!
This cocktail pairs tequila with its old pal grapefruit juice, which runs a mile when it comes to disguising the actual burning taste of the tequila. With a dash of bitters (for all those bitter feelings you might be harbouring) and some salt to therapeutically rub in the wounds, this cocktail will have you nursing those hurt feelings in no time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Grapefruit juice
- Fresh grapefruit
- Tonic water
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Pop 100 mLs of grapefruit juice, 100 mLs of tonic water and a nice big shot of tequila in a cocktail shaker full of ice.
- Add a good dash of bitters and shake vigorously (this is also fairly therapeutic!).
- Rim your class with a bunch of coarse salt and fill with your cocktail.
- Garnish with a wedge or slice of grapefruit.
- Enjoy responsibly and please hide your phone before you start drinking (we don't want any drunk dialling going on!).
What do you think of our bitter and salty tequila smash cocktail recipe? Tell us in the comments below!