Pinterest round up: How to organise your shoes to be the envy of shoe lovers everywhere

Back1 of 12Next
Click next to start the slideshow

shoeorganisation

Apart from planning hypothetical weddings (because my wedding to Ryan Gosling would be incredibly different from my wedding to Justin Timberlake) and keeping track of beauty looks that I'll never follow through with trying, if there's one thing I can count on when scrolling through Pinterest it is a deep feeling of dissatisfaction with the current state of my wardrobe. At this point I'm positive that I will never be happy with my home if I don't have a closet that could be featured in a magazine for its sheer size and unseemly levels of prettiness.

Naturally, as you may have assumed from my working at this site, I have a lot of shoes. I currently fill a large incredibly unsteady shoe rack (which holds about 50 pairs) as well as having a small book case and the bottom of my wardrobe filled with shoes. I always try to do a cull but I love them so much I can only ever get rid of the ones that are dying and hang on to the ones that might be able to be saved (although whether I take them to a shoemaker for repair is an entirely different issue!), so I'm always bookmarking new ways to organise your shoes. The first thing I'm going to do when I have a bigger house is put one of these genius shoe storage ideas to good use — preferably one where my shoes are on full display (because they're damn pretty!).

How do you organise your shoes? Tell us your shoe storing secrets in the comments below!

Back1 of 12Next
Click next to start the slideshow

• Kara says:

Love the ideas! They look great :)

Some great iseas, practical and attractive :) I just had a walk-in wardrobe built with my shoes in mind, when we extended our house, so I have shelves. Practical but not as cute as say a little step-ladder shoe display!

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

That right there is my dream! (I have already discussed it with my other half – when we are real grown ups getting our dream house I must have a fancy walk in wardrobe and an excessive amount of bookshelves. Luckily since he is tired of my books and shoes being everywhere he completely agrees!) The shoe ladder display looks great, but I doubt it would look as good if I tried to cram 50+ pairs on there!

• Peta says:

I have clear shoe boxes with most of my pair in them, but the boxes are just stacked up in an old bookshelf at the moment which kind of detracts from the overall effect. I would love the space to have them all on shelves, in my dream walk in wardrobe. I also like the idea of open storage for the every day pairs. Mine are either scattered around the house where I kicked them off, or in a box by my bedroom door for easy selection in the mornings.

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

I didn’t include any here, but I love hidden drawers for everyday shoes. I especially like the ones built into staircases but would probably find a drawer coming out from my couch (where I take my shoes off most of the time) the most practical!

• Alice Park says:

Number 9 gets my vote… type A personalities rejoice :o
    Sure beats my “uhhh…I spose there is some room at the bottom of this closet here…” approach. Always end up scuffing my poor babies :(

• neverendingdreams says:

Would love any of the beautiful display Ida’s but don’t have enough room

• Caroline Luu says:

Makes me want to buy more shoes!!