How to wear white on white

Back1 of 11Next
Click next to start the slideshow

feature

Figuring out how to wear white on white can be tricky. You don't want to channel full Elizabeth Hurley or look like an OC mum. You also don't want to look insane if you wear absolutely everything white. When it comes to a bold trend such as this one, it can help to turn to some style stars for guidance as well as a few handy rules to help nail your first attempt!

Want more of the latest style tips? Click here!

First rule. Do break up the white. Whether you add a black clutch or pair of loafers or even a soft pink coat, having an entirely white outfit (especially moving into Winter) just isn't cricket. Rule two. Breaking up the white can include cream. Leandra Medine and her European fashion friends will tell you that white on cream is a big thumbs up this season. And finally rule three, no burritos please. You won't make it out alive.

How do you rock the white on white trend? Tell us in the comments below!

Click next to start the slideshow

• Melissa Fay Robinson says:

I couldn’t pull white on white off. Look #7 is nice though :)

• Blueberrygumm says:

oh wow white on white is brave but looks good

How to Wear White on White for mothers of young kids: don’t 😉
    Maybe I’ll wait another 10 years to make sure it’s sFe haha. Because I know with all certainty that though I may initially dress in all white, I wl not make it out of the house all white, unscathed! :)

Having said that, I love white-on-white for it’s simple, refreshing look :) Makes me long to wander around a Greek island (guess that’ll have to wait about another 10 years too haha)

• Maddie Simic (Jr Fashion Editor) says:

Haha I love your honesty! All white definitely reminds me of Santorini too. I hope it’s not 10 years before you can whip out the white 😉 x

• thecatwhosawstars says:

White is gorgeous, but such a harsh colour to wear. I always worry about stains I can’t see!