The lazy girl’s guide to having a fringe

Back1 of 6Next
Click next to start the slideshow

finge

If you're one of those girls whose beauty routine is incredibly low maintenance because you're cut from the lazy cloth, then you probably avoid having a fringe because they fall into the "too much effort" category, but I'm here to tell you that it isn't always the case. While having a fringe as a lazy person does require a little bit of extra planning before you actually take scissors to your hair, I promise you that this planning can all be done from the comfort of your couch or pretty much any time you're mindlessly scrolling through Instagram.

WANT MORE? If you liked this lazy girl's guide to having a fringe, then check out more here.

In your pre-fringe life it is important to take two things into consideration to get the most out of your fringe without exerting too much extra effort: the first is your type of hair and the second is just how lazy you actually are. If you have curly hair then a blunt fringe is going to be A LOT of effort — you'll have to blow dry it properly, straighten it regularly and trim it like it's going out of style — whereas a messy sideswept fringe is pretty much going to take care of itself. Read on for the lazy girl's guide to having a fringe.

Do you have anything to add to our lazy girl's guide to fringes? Pop it into the comments below!

Back1 of 6Next
Click next to start the slideshow

• Melissa Robinson says:

Really great tips. I have currently have a short-ish fringe and Ive run out of things to do with it. Im also a bit lazy on days I don’t really need to be dolled up so this was useful :)

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

I’ve found that since I got this new baby fringe I’ve had to pay a lot more attention to my eyebrows (which I previously allowed to grow wild behind a long fringe cover) so I’ve saved time in one area and had to add it to another!

• susieclegg says:

Wish I had this post back before I got way too fed up with my bangs!

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

Ah well maybe it will inspire you to bring them back!

• cherg says:

I’ve have my fringe since a baby. I would be lost with out it. I defines me.

• Kylie says:

I tend to swing between having a fringe and growing one out…

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

I don’t think I’ve ever fully grown mine out – I get to a long fringe and just wind up cutting back again.

• tashamccaffrey says:

Every time I go to my hairdresser she asks if I am growing mine out simply because I keep side sweeping it but yet I keep wanting the blunt fringe.

• Larissa Thorne (Lifestyle Editor) says:

Hey the side swept blunt fringe is totally a style option!

• Fashionista8P says:

this is so me, I am lazy at the upkeep and the trim between the salon is a must!