Just recently, Lush’s Cupcake Face Mask has really been taking social media by storm. It seems like every blogger and her bestie have been having a sleepover and slathering this lovely skin treatment onto their faces for glowing skin. If you aren’t familiar with this product, well … the name says it all, really! It’s a creamy and chocolatey face mask so good that you will want to eat it. So what do we do at DDG when we come across something we like? Well, we try to recreate it for you guys!
The team at Lush obviously have access to some amazing ingredients that the everyday lady just can’t really justify buying, so we’ve created our own luxurious chocolate face mask with a bunch of ingredients that you probably already have at home! You’ll be able to whip this mask up in no time — and yes, it’s all natural and edible (if you’re into that kind of thing!). So what will this mask do for your skin? Let me give you a rundown of the ingredients:
- Cocoa powder is filled with rich antioxidants to boost your skin’s radiance
- Coconut Oil is gentle and moisturising to soften your skin
- Honey is deep cleansing and hydrates the skin
- Yoghurt is packed with skin-loving nutrients and anti-bacterial properties that help fight skin conditions like acne
- Sugar acts as an exfoliant to eliminate dead skin cells
So grab a block of choccy to enjoy as you spread some of this deliciousness onto your face … you’ll be feeling amazing inside and out in no time!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Place the cocoa powder and coconut oil into a bowl and mix until combined well. If the mixture is too runny, simply add a little more cocoa powder.
- Add the honey and yoghurt and stir until mixed in. Add the sugar last so it doesn’t dissolve.
- Ensure the mixture is a thick consistency, like cake batter, so that it doesn’t slide off your face.
- Apply to the skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.