Lately I’ve been thinking that the greatest invention has got to be the slow cooker. Now we can prepare a meal in the morning when we’re already getting ready and come home to a house full of delicious smells and a delicious meal ready to be eaten. This beef stew recipe is the perfect recipe for cold Winter nights when you need something rich and comforting that also happens to contain a buttload of vegetables.
If you’re new to our BB Weekly Meal Plans, then here’s a little rundown of how it all works …
Each week we’ll share with you:
1 x Freezable – a super easy slow-cooker meal (that makes a tonne of servings, so you can pop those leftovers in the freezer for another day, or take them for lunch too).
1 x Super salad – which is again an easy and delish salad recipe, that again gives you a tonne of leftovers so you can paper bag it for the next couple of days.
and 2 x 15 minute feeds – which is basically just what you would imagine, super simple and super quick meals you’ll have on the table in 15 mins or less.
Every week we’ll share our meal plan for the week (dinners and lunches — you can add in your own breakfasts and snacks), including a shopping list and links to recipes, as well as a blank meal plan if you feel like being a wild card and writing your own.
Collect them all and let us make it as easy as possible for you to eat healthy every single week.
Click on the links below to download our Busy Bitch Meal Planner.
Freezable: Beef Stew
- 1 kg beef (such as blade steak or brisket) cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- 200 g mushrooms, halved
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- Flat parsley
- Coat your beef chunks in a little flour.
- Cook in a small amount of oil in a hot pan (or the dish of your slow cooker if it has that capability) until lightly browned. Cook in 3-4 batches so they don’t get too liquidy.
- Add onion to the beef pan and cook until glassy.
- Add beef, onion, tomatoes, eggplant, chilli, mushrooms, carrots and beef stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on high or for 6-7 hours on low. Beef should be soft enough to fall apart easily with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread (and potatoes, rice or pasta if you wish!).
15 minute feed #1: Spinach Pesto Quinoa Bowl from Table For Two
15 minute feed #2: Taco Stuffed Lettuce Cups from Laura Fuentes
Super Salad: Israeli Salad from A Simple Pantry