Do you guys remember a while back how I made the geometric heart wall art? Well, I had a couple of people tell me that they were after something similar but far simpler, so rather than doing the complicated evolution of my new favourite method of wall decorating (it removes so easily I can basically change it up every month!) I thought I’d take a step back and go simple with this washi tape mountains wall art tutorial.
The thing that makes mountains such a perfect place for beginners to start their washi tape wall art journey is that they don’t have to be even, so you won’t be stressing and going through a whole roll of tape trying to get it just right. There are lots of different methods you can use as well, such as colouring areas in with the tape (just go over the area and cut to size), adding patterns to your mountains or making it all one fluid line. Have a play around and see what works best for your wall — you never know, it might be easier than you think!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Washi tape
- A blank wall
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Start by making a big open triangle for your middle mountain (no bottom).
- Next add upside down Vs on either end for the other two mountains. They should be about half the size of the original one and overlapping the original’s ends by about an inch.
- Next add a couple of pieces to your smaller triangles to represent snow, starting from the end of the biggest triangle.
- Finally add some pieces for snow to your biggest triangle, going in the opposite direction to the two smaller ones.
- Trim any excess tape so you have nice neat edges.