Zombie eyes cocktail recipe: It's happy hour at DDG!
With Halloween just around the corner it is only fitting that I should share with you our amazing horror-themed cocktail creation. The best thing about this quick and easy cocktail recipe (apart from the delicious flavour obviously) is that it gives you a horror-ific effect without using anything inedible. The "zombie eyes" are actually extra large blueberries stuffed into lychees!
While my particular version is a bit of a double whammy in the alcohol department (thanks to alcoholic ginger beer!), it is also super easy to make as a fizzy mocktail if you're not a big drinker. It also happens to not be too sickly sweet if your tummy needs to calm down after too much candy (I can't be the only person who gives out sweets to trick-or-treaters using a one for you and one for me system!).
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Tinned lychees (Peeled and in juice)
- Blueberries (really big ones if possible!)
- Ginger beer
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Fish out the lychees from your jar but reserve the juice (for mixing with your cocktail!). If any of the lychees are completely split then discard (in your mouth because lychees are delicious!).
- Carefully stuff your large blueberries into the lychees so that they are held in place (push it in too far and you won't be able to see the blueberry).
- For bonus points prepare your zombie eyes in advance and freeze them. Then you (or your guests!) can use them instead of standard ice cubes.
- Add a shot of gin to a tall glass filled with ice.
- Pour in your ginger beer until the glass is just over 2/3 filled.
- Top the rest of the glass with the reserved juice from your lychees.
- Add in your zombie eyes and enjoy!