Hot topic: To airbrush or not to airbrush?

Hot topic: To airbrush or not to airbrush? |  pictures

Hot topic: To airbrush or not to airbrush? |  pictures

The UK banned ads for Lancome and Maybelline because they were considered too airbrushed.

What do you think about the world of images? Are they too unrealistic?

I understand getting rid of a blemish here or there, but I really cannot stand photoshopping bodies.
Do you prefer to see your models and celebs Aú Naturale... or a bit more "perfect"?
Posted by: Chalsie

Posted in: --Beauty

Hot topic: To airbrush or not to airbrush? |  pictures

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

• boo says:

I’m so for the natural images!

I agree that celebrities in magazines & advertising always look way too perfect, and it is an unachievable status!

I think think there is enough to deal with without trying to be perfect and being unhappy if you don’t match up to a perfection which isn’t real!

Yes the odd blemish is ok but I think now it is starting to go too far!

• Elly says:

We all know that she doesn’t look like that.

• nettyballs says:

au naturale is great, i don’t believe anything i see these days in magazines! i wish i could be airbrushed sometimes!

• Dana says:

Good on them for banning the ads! The beauty and fashion world really has to stop creating these false and unachievable standards for women.

• Elly says:

But then again, no one would buy these products if the women on the ads didn’t look good.

• chocolatelace says:

I dont mind a little of airbrushing, but I am not a fan of the ads which the models look plastic…

• Zerotolove says:

My boyfriend’s a photographer- smoothing looks so obvious and yuck to me now! x

• janelleb.xo says:

I don’t have a problem with getting rid of a pimple or scar or two, but if you are airbrushing wrinkles for a product that is supposed to get rid of them, it is just creating high hopes for the product and then disappointing reviews. as for photoshopped bodies I completely disagree!!

• rhiannon1993 says:

Not to airbrush it look fake and its unatural

• vavoom says:

Banning ads like that seem a bit over-the-top and controlling! I mean who really cares – we all know that they’re faked up photos anyhow. I don’t like the idea of gov’ts banning stuff that is ‘arty’ – it’s afterall just a phase that will come and go. You can only air-brush so much anyhow. Everyone knows that the ‘perfect skin’ doesn’t exist so why ban a form of dumb art. (By the way, most art is not dumb but airbrushing is a bit!@)

• troon13 says:

When advertising makeup airbrushing is unethical. We should be able to see what the makeup really looks like applied to a face as opposed to an airbrushed version of the effect.

• Bex says:

I totally agree with troon13!
    Why would you want to purchase make up that the advertising has been so blatantly edited?! It really does nothing to promote their products!!