In

fashion advice fashion forum

The UK banned ads for Lancome and Maybelline because they were considered too airbrushed.

What do you think about the world of images? Are they too unrealistic?

I understand getting rid of a blemish here or there, but I really cannot stand photoshopping bodies.
Do you prefer to see your models and celebs Aú Naturale... or a bit more "perfect"?
Posted by: Chalsie

Posted in: --Beauty

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

Recent Posts
Showing 12 comments
  • boo

I’m so for the natural images!

I agree that celebrities in magazines & advertising always look way too perfect, and it is an unachievable status!

I think think there is enough to deal with without trying to be perfect and being unhappy if you don’t match up to a perfection which isn’t real!

Yes the odd blemish is ok but I think now it is starting to go too far!

• Elly

We all know that she doesn’t look like that.

• nettyballs

au naturale is great, i don’t believe anything i see these days in magazines! i wish i could be airbrushed sometimes!

• Dana

Good on them for banning the ads! The beauty and fashion world really has to stop creating these false and unachievable standards for women.

• Elly

But then again, no one would buy these products if the women on the ads didn’t look good.

• chocolatelace

I dont mind a little of airbrushing, but I am not a fan of the ads which the models look plastic…

• Zerotolove

My boyfriend’s a photographer- smoothing looks so obvious and yuck to me now! x

• janelleb.xo

I don’t have a problem with getting rid of a pimple or scar or two, but if you are airbrushing wrinkles for a product that is supposed to get rid of them, it is just creating high hopes for the product and then disappointing reviews. as for photoshopped bodies I completely disagree!!

• rhiannon1993

Not to airbrush it look fake and its unatural

• vavoom

Banning ads like that seem a bit over-the-top and controlling! I mean who really cares – we all know that they’re faked up photos anyhow. I don’t like the idea of gov’ts banning stuff that is ‘arty’ – it’s afterall just a phase that will come and go. You can only air-brush so much anyhow. Everyone knows that the ‘perfect skin’ doesn’t exist so why ban a form of dumb art. (By the way, most art is not dumb but airbrushing is a bit!@)

• troon13

When advertising makeup airbrushing is unethical. We should be able to see what the makeup really looks like applied to a face as opposed to an airbrushed version of the effect.

• Bex

I totally agree with troon13!
    Why would you want to purchase make up that the advertising has been so blatantly edited?! It really does nothing to promote their products!!