Is white alright (when you’re not the bride)?

white wedding

Kate Middleton did it, so do Kate Moss, and now Kim Kardashian has followed in their footsteps not just dressing her bridal party in the formally bride-only hue, but also requesting her guests wear it too.

So does this mean that the age old rule that you can't wear white to a wedding is now out the window?

What do you think?

Posted by: DDGD - Kate

Posted in: --Fashion

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

• hennypenny says:

It must be okay if the bride says it’s ok, such as asking guests to only wear black or white. But if the bride doesn’t say it’s ok, it’s rude.

• I vote no, however the dress code for KK’s wedding was apparently black and white, but like most celeb weddings… don’t try this at home folks!

• lauren says:

I personally wouldn’t (unless specifically asked to) but it seems the fashion rulebook is out the window for good.

• Tora says:

I say whatever the Bride intends – goes!

• Jessica says:

I think it has to be tasteful & not just an outfit that is completely white- in fact I would try to add as much colour through accessories as I could!

• vonda0413 says:

There were rules for not wearing white or trying to out dress the bride for a reason. It is HER day, not yours. I, personally, would NOT.

• tamika says:

In my personal opinion, white isnt to be worn by anyone at wedding other than the bride, even if she allows anyone to dress in white. To me its a bit disrespectful. I think its best to go in any other colour

• vavoom says:

It seems a bit weird – like they’re trying to have a bit of the spotlight on them or something but if the bride wants it then it’s good!

• troon13 says:

I wore white with a pink sash to my friends wedding when I was young(er) and I felt uncomfortable. I thought later that it would have been better to allow the bride to be the only one in white….