Looking for an inexpensive alternative to OPI “Liquid sand” nail polish

fashion forum fashion advice

Does anyone know of another (readily available in Adelaide, western suburbs) nail polish in the Liquid sand/ Concrete / Texture style.
I've found a few brands online, (China Glaze, Milani, Barry m etc) but none that are stocked local to me.
Help! i really wanted some for the weekend, but finding it hard to justify $20 for one polish.

Posted by:

Posted in: Beauty & Health

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

• allybee says:

Zoya PixieDust collection is pretty similar I think: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zoya-Nail-Polish-Australia/100841826624199

I’m not sure where you would buy this in Adelaide though. Otherwise you could get the Mariah Carey OPI minis? There are four of the little polishes for $25 and they’re all liquid sand I believe.

• Miette says:

Thanks! I will check out zoya! I did consider the minis but I really would only wear the one colour (pinkish coral)
      Thanks for your reply :) Happy Friday!

• allybee says:

I’m not sure what it is you like about the liquid sand polishes (textured polish is not my thing) but you could use a glitter polish, then buy a matte top coat to get a pretty similar effect.

• Miette says:

Hi Allybee
      Yeah I can see how the texture wouldn’t appeal to everyone, but I just love it! Thanks for your tip ill give that a try for sure! Happy Friday! :)

• Tasha O'Connor says:

I would love to send you some nail polish :o ) I live outside of Boston, Massachusetts. We can get nail polish here for a lot cheaper than $20.00. Email me with your address…and we can be penpals :o )
    Does anyone write letters anymore??
    Tasha :o )

• boo says:

So, I know that OPI is super expensive in Australia (US is like $7!!!!!) but I must say it really is worth it!!
    I can so tell the difference – OPI just applies so much nicer! Just an FYI.

I would recommend giving one a go, in a colour you know you will wear all the time to see what the fuss is about!!