What type of brush should I use for applying my Foundation?

What type of brush should I use for applying my Foundation? |  pictures

So after years of using my fingers (don't gasp in horror!) I am looking to use a brush for applying my liquid foundation (currently using MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - but looking to change that up soon also) and was thinking about a foundation brush - but now I am also learning about Stippling Brushes and it has confused me on which one I am meant to use - or if they can both be used which do you think is best for the job?

Posted by:

Posted in: Beauty & Makeup

What type of brush should I use for applying my Foundation? |  pictures

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

• Miss Rikki says:

WELCOME TO THE BRUSH WORLD!

Personally I don’t like stippling brushes solely for foundation application, they can be splotchy and requires extra blending and, ugh, it’s just annoying. Stippling brushes are GREAT for making foundation look airbrushed, once it has been applied correctly with another tool.

Okay so my personal favourite is the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques, you can get them from $9+ depending how good you are at bargain (internet) shopping.

Secondly, I think applying Studio Fix Fluid is a breeze with little foundation wedge sponges, it’s very easy to apply and then make look natural.

Thirdly, you’re thinking of changing up your foundation? Head to Myers and just go from counter to counter asking for colour matching to their foundation and for samples so you can test the wear and feel of them. You wouldn’t want to spend around $50 for a foundation that sits heavy on the skin. My personal recommendation is Lancome Tient Idole 24hr or Estee Lauder Double Wear if you’re after longer lasting foundations.

Hope this helped!

• sharna green says:

Im also using the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques its amazing!!
    Definitely recommended it :D

• Nadia says:

I agree, the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is my personal favourite.

• Sarah Lamberton says:

Seems like it does have a following, I just assumed cheap brushes couldn’t be good – but then again one of my favourite brushes came in an Estee lauder free gift with purchase pack and I use is everyday!

Thanks for sharing

• Elora Ghea says:

[MOVED FROM DUPLICATE POST]

I really like Napoleon Perdis’ Artist Foundation Brush Sable 19b, you can use it for your liquid foundation and your primer. The brush hairs are really dense, so they pick up a lot of the product. You can apply and blend the foundation really well, and the finish is really perfect.

• beautybabe1 says:

I just use a foundation brush to apply my foundation, from memory I think the brand was Avon, works well for me.

• scattered says:

I have a foundation brush that came with my estee lauder foundation, I just love it, it works great for me.

• scattered says:

I also find the latex sponge wedges work great too.

• Sarah Lamberton says: