What’s your favourite thing about Autumn?

Whats your favourite thing about Autumn? |  pictures
 Whats your favourite thing about Autumn? |  pictures

The seasons have just clicked, here in Australia it is Summer no more.

And personally I think Autumn is one of the best seasons (for so many reasons! Read today's email for all of them!)

But I want to help get everyone in a happy frame of mind about the new season, so I want you all to share what you love best about the new season here.... and go!

Posted by: DDGD - Kate

Posted in: Everything else...

Whats your favourite thing about Autumn? |  pictures

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

• allybee says:

The colours- reds, oranges, golds!

• jennlouiseau says:

Definitely the food – no airconditioning means no cooking in my kitchen when it’s 35 degrees. Bring on autumn cooking!

• DDGD - Kate says:

We’ve had so many “no oven” dinners these last few weeks, which is basically sandwhiches for us, can’t wait to get baking again! x

• bunny_rosa says:

All of the Autumn clothes, it’s not too hot, not to cold, you can wear your favorite jeans again,knitted scarves, the circle of life with the trees, list goes on, Autumn is the best time of year! x

• vavoom says:

Wearing gold jewellery suits Autumn – i can get away with it in Autumn but it looks funny on me at any other time of year.

• DDGD - Kristina Ioannou says:

It means European summer is almost beginning.. time to book flights! (tee hee, I wish!)

• Tess says:

Definitely love this time of year too, enjoy still having day-light savings around but appreciate the weather cooling and allowing us to play with our wardrobes much more! Oh yeah & I hear ya girls, the food, so tired of trying to come up with interesting things to do with a bbq!!

I love just about everything about Autumn – you can wear flowy dresses but also your favourite boots, scarves and jackets; you can still enjoy salads but also some warming stews; the days are still long and sunny but tempered by a constant breeze; and it’s easier to sleep at night without having to spend a fortune on electricity with the air con!

• Jo says:

I love Autumn as there is no more tossing and turning all night because it’s too humid to sleep. Autumn brings the cooler days and nights and makes life in Queensland so much easier. :-)

• Kayla says:

My Favourite thing about Autumn is a street nearby lined with Maple trees. When all the leaves start turning into beautiful colours the sight is magnificent. All the home owners rake huge mounds of leaves on the grass and all I want to do is revert to my childhood and jump in the pile.

• Jessica says:

where do I begin!? everything is better- being under the blankets in bed, hot coffees, food, layering, chunky knits, (faux/vintage) fur coats, leather leggings/jackets! boots! everything!!!

• thecatwhosawstars says:

Back in old blighty (England) I used to love a pint of lager by a roaring fire in a local pub and a sunday roast at a gastro pub. In blighty and Melbourne I love to put on a gorgeous and warm coat when I leave the house. So cosy and stylish. Plus boots rock. And I love sunday roasts inMelbourne too. I would eat a sunday roast anywhere and any time!