What’s your favourite thing about Autumn?

Home / Forum post / What’s your favourite thing about Autumn?

hello-autumn
fashion forum fashion advice

The seasons have just clicked, here in Australia it is Summer no more.

And personally I think Autumn is one of the best seasons (for so many reasons! Read today's email for all of them!)

But I want to help get everyone in a happy frame of mind about the new season, so I want you all to share what you love best about the new season here.... and go!

Posted by: DDGD - Kate

Posted in: Everything else...

Back to DDGD FORUM >>

Kate McKibbin (Editor)
Kate McKibbin (Editor)
Before launching DDGDaily.com in 2007 I worked for a whole bunch of women's glossies both here and in the UK including Shop Til You Drop, New Woman (RIP), Grazia.com.au (also RIP), Cosmopolitan UK, and I even had a column in FHM (RI... I might be jinxed!). And before all that I was listing shopping as my number one hobby from about the age of five.
Recent Posts
Showing 13 comments
  • allybee

The colours- reds, oranges, golds!

• jennlouiseau

Definitely the food – no airconditioning means no cooking in my kitchen when it’s 35 degrees. Bring on autumn cooking!

• DDGD - Kate

We’ve had so many “no oven” dinners these last few weeks, which is basically sandwhiches for us, can’t wait to get baking again! x

• bunny_rosa

All of the Autumn clothes, it’s not too hot, not to cold, you can wear your favorite jeans again,knitted scarves, the circle of life with the trees, list goes on, Autumn is the best time of year! x

• vavoom

Wearing gold jewellery suits Autumn – i can get away with it in Autumn but it looks funny on me at any other time of year.

• DDGD - Kristina Ioannou

It means European summer is almost beginning.. time to book flights! (tee hee, I wish!)

• Tess

Definitely love this time of year too, enjoy still having day-light savings around but appreciate the weather cooling and allowing us to play with our wardrobes much more! Oh yeah & I hear ya girls, the food, so tired of trying to come up with interesting things to do with a bbq!!

• GMeers

I love just about everything about Autumn – you can wear flowy dresses but also your favourite boots, scarves and jackets; you can still enjoy salads but also some warming stews; the days are still long and sunny but tempered by a constant breeze; and it’s easier to sleep at night without having to spend a fortune on electricity with the air con!

• Jo

I love Autumn as there is no more tossing and turning all night because it’s too humid to sleep. Autumn brings the cooler days and nights and makes life in Queensland so much easier. :-)

• Kayla

My Favourite thing about Autumn is a street nearby lined with Maple trees. When all the leaves start turning into beautiful colours the sight is magnificent. All the home owners rake huge mounds of leaves on the grass and all I want to do is revert to my childhood and jump in the pile.

• Jessica

where do I begin!? everything is better- being under the blankets in bed, hot coffees, food, layering, chunky knits, (faux/vintage) fur coats, leather leggings/jackets! boots! everything!!!

• thecatwhosawstars

Back in old blighty (England) I used to love a pint of lager by a roaring fire in a local pub and a sunday roast at a gastro pub. In blighty and Melbourne I love to put on a gorgeous and warm coat when I leave the house. So cosy and stylish. Plus boots rock. And I love sunday roasts inMelbourne too. I would eat a sunday roast anywhere and any time!